Helge Haftings openmoko page
Norwegian keyboard layout for illume
- Keys/symbols reorganized to match a norwegian pc keyboard layout
- The norwegian vowels, "æøå", correctly placed
- Dead-key accents allows typing of öäôñéà and many more. (Type the accent first, then the letter to go under it. To get a plain apostrophe or double quote, use the dead key first, followed by space.
- The extra "<" key between "z" and "shift"
These problems are due to a lack of documentation. Please let me know if you know something.
- æøå is lowercase only, no ÆØÅ. I don't know the symbol names for the uppercase vowels, or perhaps they don't work.
- A real norwegian keyboard uses an AltGr key, which gives an extra shift state. I found no way of doing this, so CAPS also works as AltGr. CAPS works as CAPS for ordinary letter keys, it is AltGr only for numeric and punctuation keys.
How to use it
Copy the file Norwegian.kbd to /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/illume/keyboards/Default.kbd. This replaces the default keyboard, which you usually use. Alternatively, replace the Terminal.kbd file or the Numbers.kbd file. You may want to make a backup of the original. Keyboard files will be overwritten by originals whenever you reinstall/upgrade enlightenment (package e-wm)
A better way is to set things up so the correct keyboard is selected depending on language, and package this keyboard along with the existing ones. I don't know how to do that though.